Gluten & Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Laurie Vengoechea
1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Paleo Flour like @kuwlflour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
3. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes till smooth.
4. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix on low speed till blended.
5. Gradually add in and mix the flour mixture until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
6. Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
7. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
8. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
9. Bake cookies 9-11 minutes, one sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched
10. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
11. Makes 15 – 30 cookies depending on size.